Friday, September 28, 2012

BLog3:COMM450:My Project:Which Tools to Use

I was contemplating on which tools to use when creating my website. I could either use a website that allows you to create a website for free or charge, or I could make it from scratch using Adobe's Dreamweaver. I guess I could base my decision on time, efficency, quality and the desired overall out come.

Tools:
Web Development websites: Webs.com, Yola.com, and Google Sites.

                                                                        Webs
(We have a wide variety of website features to match your needs. With a Premium Package, get a domain name, use premium website templates, build an online store and utilize our award-winning, 24/7 support team. Drive more traffic to your site with tools that analyze and optimize your pages. See where visitors are coming from, where they're spending their time on site, which pages are popular and which links are clicked.)


Yola
(All Yola packages come with site statistics. See how many people are coming to your site and watch your business grow! No technical experience required! Make your free website with our easy drag & drop functionality. Everything you need is at your fingertips. Expand your reach by publishing your website to mobile phones, Facebook, and the web. Edit in one place, and publish everywhere. Start with a free website, and select the premium features you need as your business grows. With Yola, you can manage your domains, hosting, email, online store, and more, all in one convenient place.)

Google Sites
(Free website developer by Google Inc, Single-click page creation, Customizable look and feel, Dozens of pre-built templates, Settings for accessing and sharing information, It's free!)


Software Applications: Dreamweaver and Visual Site Designer:

Dreamweaver:
Visual Site Designer:



I am going to be basing my choice on what is required for my project and what are the overall essentials that I intend/want to see in the end result. I have to do more planning and decide what features will be need for the final product of the website's design. I think im am swaying more towards using a web creating website so it can cut out the process time and it brings security and ease. 




No comments:

Post a Comment