Friday, April 20, 2012

Blog 9 & 10: Comm333: Final Exam About My video

Critque of my work: The Music video.

I didn't have much luck with the graphic editing for my music video. I kept the video simple. I started off with the idea of making a music video to the song i produced but as i listened to the song (Holy Moly) i decided that the rhythm of the song was too jumpy and exciting that i could not make a video to it the i wanted because i did not have to time nor the budget for the necessary people and props. I wanted to take what every video i produced and put it in comic-book style, that was my original plan but things did not work out.

I ended up making a video to one of my favorite song "We Be Steady Mobbin" by Lil Wayne. I ending up staring in the video. I made the video the way i was left to do because my original plans backfired. Trying to use to many people in the video did not work because of conflicting schedules.

My original plans were to used mickey mouse wearing a tuxedo to play the part of lil wayne. The song has lil wayne featuring gucci mane and i was going to play the part of gucci mane. However, i cut the song to only have the beginning chorus, lil wayne's first verse and the chorus right after his first verse with out gucci mane's part turning the song from 4 mins to 1:50 seconds. I figured the shorter the song the easier the video. I used clips of me and little wayne and i edited it to flow with the beat of the song. I used the taxonomy of music video chart. I also made sure that the clips were synced with the lyrics of the songs, so that pieces of the lyrics can be seen in the video. For example there is a piece in video that says "forget about the females" and when that part comes up i placed clips of females.

Next times i will plan differently. I will choose the song in advance and stick with it. When i have to make a music video again, i will first find a song i would like to do a music video to, like a song that i wouldn't mind other people watching the video to. Next time i will start the shooting process a week earlier. I give my video a 7 out of 10 for visual consistancy sycning the clipes to the beat and lyrics of the song. I was the producer of the video and the co-star.



No comments:

Post a Comment